The Russian firm moved to Petrograd in 1914 with, in part, French capital. In 1921, it was renamed "State Optical Factory" - GOZ following the coming to power of Lenin.
In 1929, the firm becomes "Interfederal of optical-mechanical companies” - VOOMP.
In 1932 it changes its name and becomes the new "State Optico-Mechanical Plant" - GOMZ
This is even later, after the Second World War, during which the plant experienced the siege of Leningrad by German it will take the name "Union Leningrad Optics and Mechanics" - LOMO.
For more information: "The Authentic Guide to Russian and Soviet Cameras" by Jean-Loup Princelle. (see the bibliography of the site in the "Services" menu)